i just started playing with Google+ and I noticed that by default the list of members of your Circles is visible to everyone on the web. This is similar to Facebook making your Friends list visible–in both cases it gives away much more information about you than you might wish to random strangers to know.
It took several tries to figure out how to change this:
- Click your name in the black menu bar and select Privacy
- Press the “Edit visibility on profile” button
- You now have to click on the part of your profile whose visibility you want to change. Click on “In [your name]’s circles”
- Change the selection from “Everyone on the Web” to “Your circles.” Or if you are super paranoid, uncheck “Show people in” to hide this from everybody.
- Press “Save”
- Press “Done editing” at the top of the page